Indian Higher Court, Supreme Court passed a judgment on 9th June , 2017 that if You have Aadhaar Card and Pan Card then You should link both the cards together and this is process is mandatory for everyone. But If you don’t have Aadhaar Card , You don’t need to worry because You can apply for Aadhaar Card and then You can Link them. We are going to inform you about Simplest Ways to Link Aadhaar Card with Pan Card .
There are several ways to link Aadhaar Card and Pan Card Together. The Process are mentioned below and You can check know all the F&Q of Aadhaar Card and Pan linking.
Simplest Ways to Link Aadhaar Card with Pan Card :
You can link your Aadhaar Card and Pan Card with your registered Mobile number through sending SMS
Income Tax Department has urged taxpayers to link their Aadhaar with their PAN, using an SMS-based facility.It can be done by sending an SMS to either 567678 or 56161.
Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in following format:
UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN>
Example: UIDPAN 123456789856 FWPIM5124C
People can also visit the official e-filing website of the department to link the two identities, in both the cases– identical names in the two databases or in case where there is a minor mismatch.
- Just go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click on the link on the left pane – Link Aadhaar
- Provide PAN, Aadhaar no. and ENTER NAME EXACTLY AS GIVEN IN AADHAAR CARD (avoid spelling mistakes) and submit. After verification from UIDAI which is the government website for Aadhaar, the linking will be confirmed
In case of any minor mismatch in Aadhaar name provided, Aadhaar OTP will be required. Please ensure that the date of birth and gender in PAN and Aadhaar are exactly same.
In a rare case where Aadhaar name is completely different from name in PAN, then the linking will fail and taxpayer will be prompted to change the name in either Aadhaar or in PAN database.
You can also apply through Income Tax Department‘s Website by creating an account.
- First register yourself at the income tax e filing portal, if you are not already registered.https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Log in to the e-Filing portal of the Income Tax Department by entering the log-in ID, password and date of birth.
- On logging in to the site, a pop up window will appear prompting you to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card. If you don’t see the popup, go to blue tab on the top bar named ‘Profile Settings’ and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Details such as name, date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the details submitted at the time of registration on the e-Filing portal. Verify the details on screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar card.
- If the details match, enter your Aadhaar card number and captcha code and click on the “Link now” button.
- A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked to your PAN card.