Samsung has announced Samsung Galaxy Flagship 8 (SM-G9298), its latest premium Android Flip phone and the successor of last year’s W2017 (SM-W2017) in China.It comes with a dual 4.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED displays, so that you can use the phone even when it’s closed, has a 12-megapixel rear camera and a fingerprint sensor on the back.
It has a 3D glass and metal design, comes with a Multi-function hotkey in the keyboard and comes with wireless charging. No details about the Android version, but it could run Marshmallow as mentioned on the TENNA or run Nougat in the final version.
Samsung Galaxy Flagship 8 (SM-G9298) specifications
- 4.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED dual displays
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, 1.4μm pixels
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor
- Dimensions: 130.2 x 62.6 x 15.9mm; Weight: 235g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS + GLONASS, NFC
- 2300mAh battery with Fast Charging (wired and wireless)
Samsung Galaxy Flagship 8 comes in Black color, but there is no word on the pricing yet. It will be available from China Mobile soon.