HMD Global launched its flagship Nokia 8 smartphone in India. Today the company said that Nokia 8 will be available in the country from retail stores offline starting today. The phone packs a 5.3-inch Quad HD display, Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform, Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android O, 13-megapixel dual rear cameras (RGB + Monochrome), ZEISS optics and OIS.
It has Dual-Sight technology that uses both front and back cameras simultaneously, fusing both images together into one photo or video file. It also has organic full aluminium unibody design, machined from a single block of 6000 series aluminum, then polished into a luxury mirror finish.
Nokia 8 Specifications:
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD LCD display at 554ppi pixel density, sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 700 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP (Colour) primary camera with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- 13MP auto focus front-facing camera with ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.4˚ lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- Splashproof (IP54)
- 3.5mm headphone jack, 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- 3090mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Nokia 8 comes in Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel and Polished Copper (available in few weeks), is priced at Rs. 36,999 and is available from retail outlets across the country including Croma, Reliance, Sangeetha Mobiles, Poorvika, BigC and more. It will be available through Amazon.in online from tomorrow, October 14th.
Launch Offer :
- Jio customers get up to 100GB (10GB for 10 recharges) additional 4G data with recharge of Rs. 309 or above, till August 31, 2018.
- Access to Nokia Mobile Care services from the convenience of their home in 50 cities across the country
Commenting on the roll out, Ajey Mehta, Vice President India, HMD Global, said:
” Our consumers are always exploring new ways to create and share content. It’s these creative content creators who inspired us to craft a smartphone with them in mind. That’s why we’ve worked to bring three world firsts – the debut collaboration with ZEISS, OZO spatial 360° Audio, and real-time live streaming using Dual-Sight mode.The Nokia 8 is there much more than a beautiful device, it is an experience like none other. “
Sunil Dutt, President Devices, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, said:
” We are very pleased to welcome Nokia Smartphones in the Indian market. With Jio’s world class data network, Nokia 8 users will be able to unleash the true potential of the device. Jio additional data offer will enable customers to enjoy more data and content. It will also enable superior HD streaming through Bothie. “