Huawei’s Honor launched a new flagship device Honor 8 Pro. Honor 8 Pro launched with 5.7-inch Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display.It is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 960 processor along with 6GB of RAM.It runs Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1 on top. It has dual 12-megapixel rear cameras, one with monochrome and other with color sensor to capture crisper, more detailed photos and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It is just 6.97mm thick, has a metal body and has a fingerprint sensor on the back. It packs a 4000mAh battery with support for fast charging. The box of the phone transforms into a VR headset.
Honor 8 Pro Specifications:
- 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display, 515 PPI, 94.5% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core 4 x CortexA53 (1.8GHz) + 4 x ARTEMIS (2.4GHz) Kirin 960 processor with Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.1
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 12MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras, dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 4k video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 157 x 77.50 x 6.97mm; Weight: 184g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
Honor 8 Pro launched in Navy Blue and Midnight Black colors, is priced at Rs. 29,999 and will available exclusively from Amazon.in starting July 10th at 6PM for Prime users during Prime Day sale along with HDFC cash back offer. Open sale on Amazon will begin July 13th. It also comes with 45GB free data for Vodafone customers for 5 months.
Commenting on the launch, P Sanjeev, Vice President Sales, Huawei India-Consumer Business Group, said:
“Honor is committed to scale new heights of product innovation and customer centricity through its products. We are focused on embedding powerful features in our devices at an affordable price to accommodate consumers’ lifestyle. With the Honor 8 Pro, we set out to push the boundaries on all fronts. The Honor 8 Pro offers market-leading specifications by pushing the boundary of smartphone design, providing 2K display, extra-long battery life, dual camera setup and delivering powerful performance to ensure best experiences across the scenarios that today’s smartphone users care most about. Honor can do this like no other due to its unique e-commerce business model and world-class R&D capabilities.”
Commenting on the partnership Noor Patel, Director Category Management, Amazon India said:
“After the huge success received from the Honor 6X, Honor continues to partner with Amazon India to launch the Honor 8 Pro as an Amazon exclusive. We are delighted to be the partner of choice for the launch of Honor 8 Pro and are pleased to offer Prime members exclusive access to their smartest device to date. Smartphones on Amazon.in have continuously been a top selling category and we will continue to explore many such symbiotic partnerships to offer our customers the best of selection across categories.”