ASUS Zenfone AR is the first device in the world which comes with both AR and VR support. The device supports Tango and Google’s Daydream project. The device first showcased in CES 2017 where it took everyone’s attention. The device is finally set to launch in their home country Taiwan on June 14th.
ASUS Zenfone AR comes with 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection on top.It is powered by Quad Core Snapdragon 821 Processor which is clocked at 2.3GHz. For the camera duty,it has 23-megapixel main camera with a motion tracking camera and a depth sensing camera that supports Tango’s AR capabilities. It also comes with a new “immersive” five-magnet speaker that supports High-Res Audio and DTS virtual surround sound.
For those unaware, Tango is an augmented reality (AR) platform that combines camera, gyroscope, and accelerometer to estimate six degree of freedom motion tracking, providing you the ability to track 3D motion of a device while simultaneously creating a map of the environment. Daydream is a virtual reality (VR) platform built into Android 7.0 Nougat and above. Asus states the phone “was developed in close cooperation with Google to deliver the best user experience” using both AR and VR technologies.
ASUS Zenfone AR Specifications:
- 5.7-inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED display, NTSC over 100%, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 2.3GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4 RAM,32GB / 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Zen UI 3.0
- Hybrid dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 23MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX318 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6P Largan lens, 4-axis OIS, 3-axis EIS, Laser AF
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-viewing angle
- Fingerprint sensor
- Built-in Mono 5 magnet speaker, ASUS SonicMaster 3.0, DTS Headphone: X for virtual 7.1 surround sound Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24-bit standard, NXP Smart AMP technology
- Dimensions: 158.67 x 77.7 x 4.6 ~ 8.95 mm; Weight:170g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac5 GHz 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Also Read: Essential PH-1 Launched with High-End Specs.
Asus Zenfone AR comes in Charcoal Black color with leather finish.The official pricing will be known after the launch event in Taiwan. There is no news about India launch of the device.