ASUS just announced ASUS Zenfone 5, the latest smartphone in new series at MWC 2018 in Barcelona. ASUS Zenfone 5 Specifications: It has a 6.2-inch Full HD+ 19:9 Super IPS display with notch design and 90% screen-to-body ratio. The company says that it has AI Display with auto color temperate adjustment and smart screen on. It is powered by Snapdragon 636 with support for up to 6GB RAM and runs Android Oreo with ZenUI 5.0, which the company says is the cleanest ZenUI yet without any separate apps for browser, email, messaging and minimal third-party apps like Facebook and Instagram.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with support for OIS, Sony IMX363 sensor and 0.03s Dual-pixel PDAF along with AI scene detection to detect 16 type of scenes automatically including Food, Sky, Animals. It also has a secondary 8-megapixel rear camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens for portrait shots and shoots images with a wider view. ASUS also has ZeniMoji, similar to the iPhone X’s Animoji.
It also has an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with auto portrait and Selfie panorama modes and has Face unlock apart from fingerprint sensor on the back. It has dual speakers with five-magnets and NXP Smart amplifier. It is also the world’s first smartphone with DTS Headphone: X for 7.1-channel surround sound and comes bundled with Hi-Res Audio earphone.
ASUS Zenfone 5 Specifications:
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass Super IPS display with 500 nits Brightness, 95.4% NTSC color gamut, DCI-P3, 1500: 1 Contrast Ratio, Glove Touch support, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB /128GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with ZenUI 5.0, upgradable to Android P
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD) with Dual VoLTE
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 0.03s Tri-Tech auto-focus/Dual Pixel PDAF/ 4-axis OIS/EIS, Pro mode with RAW support, secondary 8MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 83-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24b-bit, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, dual microphones
- Dimensions: 153×75.65×7.85mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C (2.0)
- 3300mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging and AI charging
Asus Zenfone 5 comes in Midnight Blue and Meteor Silver colors and will roll out from April.