Xiaomi finally announced their much awaited device Mi 6.Xiaomi Mi 6 is Xiaomi’s new flagship.Xiaomi Mi 6 supports 5.15-inch 1080p display with 600 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio.It comes with Snapdragon 835 SoC and 6GB RAM.The device is also have Dual 12MP cameras on the rear with 2X optical zoom.There is also four-axis optical image stabilization (OIS) to help take steady shots and videos.
Xiaomi Mi 6 has a stainless steel frame with 3D curved glass on four sides and comes with stereo speakers, one embedded into the earpiece and the other on the bottom. It also has an under-glass ultrasonic fingerprint sensor at the front that can also be used for Alipay and WeChat payments, infrared sensor on the top but it lacks a 3.5mm audio jack since it uses USB Type-C audio. The phone is also splash resistant. Xiaomi says all openings including the SIM tray is properly sealed and protected with nano coating but it is not certified for water resistance.
Xiaomi Mi 6 comes in Bright Blue, Bright Black and White colors and also comes in Silver Edition with reflective mirror finish Stainless steel frame as well as Ceramic version with 18K gold finish around the camera.
Xiaomi Mi 6 Specifications:
- Xiaomi Mi 6 comes with 5.15-inch Full HD display with 600 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut and 1500:1 contrast ratio.
- It is powered by 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit processor which is based on 10nm with Adreno 540 GPU.
- It has 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS) internal storage.
- It runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 8.
- It supports Dual SIM (nano + nano).
- It is Splash resistant.
- For the camera duty,It has 12MP rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP camera with 1.0 μm pixel size, 52mm portrait lens, f/2.6 aperture and 8MP front-facing camera.
- It has sensors like Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor and Infrared sensor.
- It also has Stereo speakers.
- On the connectivity department,It has 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- The device is powered by 3350mAh (typical) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, 18W fast charging.
Xiaomi Mi 6 is priced at 2499 yuan (Rs. 23,420 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage version, 2899 yuan ( Rs. 27,190 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the same 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version with ceramic body costs 2999 yuan (Rs. 28,100 approx.). It will be available in China starting from April 28.
Commenting on the announcement, Xiaomi founder and CEO Lei Jun said:
“Mi 6 is the culmination of our seven years of research and development in the smartphone industry, and represents the pinnacle of our journey thus far. Besides being a performance beast that is powered by Snapdragon 835, Mi 6 also demonstrates how we are constantly refining our design and pushing the boundaries of materials technology with the use of four-sided 3D curved glass and ceramic. I’m really excited to join our Mi fans today to introduce Mi 6, which once again defies price expectations, and I’m looking forward to unveiling even more amazing products in the year to come.”